Ahwatukee Recreation Center currently has an opportunity for someone who takes pride in his/her work and able to work independently. This person will work as part of the maintenance team to clean the facilities and prepare it for the next day of activities. This full-time position is integral to maintaining the ARC facilities.
The right fit for this position must be available to work Monday through Friday from 2:30 PM to 11:00 PM.
This position reports directly to the Landscape/Maintenance Supervisor.
Responsibilities and Duties
Specific outside duties are varied and include but are not limited to the following:
- Maintain the ARC property to include its three buildings and the surrounding grounds.
- Maintain pools, sauna, and hot tub to include cleaning and vacuum.
- Clean and maintain all public walkways, pool decking, patio areas, entrances and parking lot.
Specific indoor duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Setup the ballroom for authorized ARC events and hall rentals.
- Clean, sweep and mop rooms in all three buildings.
- Dispose of trash from ARC buildings and remove trash after special events.
- Clean and maintain all restrooms.
- Clean ceiling fans and replace light bulbs as needed.
- Perform light repairs of equipment and fixtures throughout the facility.
- Clean windows and glass doors throughout the ARC.
- Additional duties indoors and outdoors as directed by supervisor.
Qualifications and Skills
Must know basic CPR, first aid and use of defibrillator machine. Must know how to use basic cleaning equipment and be knowledgeable on the safe handling of cleaning chemicals.
Job Requirements: High School Diploma or GED required. English speaking, bi-lingual desirable but not required.
Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds.
Full time employees are eligible for health, dental, vision and life insurance.
Job Type: Full-time