|ARC Career Opportunities
The Ahwatukee Recreation Center is activity seeking qualified individuals for the following positions:
Opportunities for fitness instructors certified with a National Fitness Program are now available at the Ahwatukee Recreation Center in Phoenix, Arizona a community of active adults over the age of 55.
Fitness Instructors are needed to lead classes for active adults age 55 years and older in our dynamic adult community. The Ahwatukee Recreation Center offers wide variety of fitness classes including Aqua, Boot Camp, Stretch, Total Body Conditioning, and Zumba. Our classes are geared toward assisting our members meet their health and fitness goals.
All fitness instructors are hired on as contract instructors paid $30.00 per class.
Fitness instructors must be CPR/AED/First Aid certified and must carry their own liability insurance.
Job Requirements: Ability to display a positive attitude and professional appearance in all interactions with members and guests. Practiced in planning and leading fitness classes. Ability to communicate with members and guests. Must know basic CPR, first aid,and use of defibrillator machine.
Schedule: All fitness classes are scheduled as appears on the ARC calendar at www.ARCAZ.net.
A Janitorial/Custodial position is now available at the Ahwatukee Recreation Center in Phoenix, Arizona
a community of active adults over the age of 55.
This part-time position will perform duties of average difficulty in maintaining the ARC facilities.
Specific outside duties are varied and include, but are not limited to the following:
• Maintain all ARC property to include buildings A. B. C, and surrounding grounds.
• Maintain both pools, sauna, and hot tub to include cleaning, vacuum and maintain proper chemical balance.
• Clean and maintain all public walkways, pool decking, barbeque areas, entrances and parking lot.
Specific indoor duties include, but are not limited to the following:
• Setup the ballroom for authorized ARC events and hall rental for receptions, memorials, etc.
• Clean, sweep and mop all rooms in buildings A, B, and C.
• Dispose of trash from all ARC buildings and remove trash after special events.
• Clean and maintain all ARC restrooms
• Clean ARC ceiling fans and replace light bulbs as needed.
• Perform light repairs of equipment and fixtures throughout the ARC.
• Clean windows and glass doors throughout the ARC.
• Additional duties indoors and outdoors as directed by supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS: High School Diploma or GED required. English speaking, bi-lingual desirable but not required. Must be able to communicate with contractors as directed when necessary.
This position reports directly to the Landscape/Maintenance Supervisor.
Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds.
Must know basic CPR, First Aid, and use of Defibrillator machine.
EQUIPMENT AND MACHINERY: Must know how to use landscape equipment, i.e., electric hedge trimmers, chain saw, lawn mower, shovels, rakes, blowers, woodworking tools - such as power drills, sanders, etc.
How to Apply
Stop by the Ahwatukee Recreation Center to fill out a job application. Ahwatukee Recreation Center
5001 East Cheyenne Drive
Phoenix, AZ 85044
Email your questions or resume to email@example.com.
This site is provided by TOPS Software